Monday, August 08, 2005

The Short & Long Of It

Found some time today to do a deliberate 5km practise run at the MR25 route at MacRitchie. I have missed the past 2 time trials, and its been some time since I ran this route as well. The route was slightly damp with some puddles of water after rain in the morning. Portions of the route seemed to have been man-filled with gravel and small stones. This makes the surface a little like that at Bedok Reservoir...hmmm, not very good grip. I tried to run on the sandy portions of the trail where possible. As with running this route, it is always punishing, and I hit the halfway mark at about 12min. Pretty slow compared with previous times. I tried to pick up speed a little on the way back, and managed to clock in at 23:45min, much slower than my previous time trial timing of 23:08min. Well, as least it got me started to train on this surface again for the next time trial in October.

Distance Ran:5km XC ___Time:23:45min____Pace:4:45min/km

Went back home to meet my wife for a recovery run of 10km around my estate. My wife tried the new Saloman water belt, but did not get used to the bounce. I took over the belt from her after 1km, and it fit me snugly to a T. We ran slightly slower this evening, and returned home with a time of 1hr7min. At least the missus got a pre National Day workout, which should put her in good holiday mood.

Distance Ran:10km ___Time:1hr7min____Pace:6:42min/km

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home