Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Kent Ridge Park & Telok Blangah Hills

It was a good returning run of sorts for me this evening. The turnout was good with about 20 runners at SAFRA Mt. Faber. The members just had a good location run on Sunday at Tampines, which I missed becuase of my trip to Thailand.

We started off to Kent Ridge Park, going via Depot Rd, thru Queensway, Jln Hang Jebat, Portsoen Road, crossing the newly constructed flyover road which brought us directly into Kent Ridge, via the back at Maxwell building in Science Park. It was a cool evening, and as usual, Ong and Jumaran formed a mini group in front, whilst I followed Foo with Paul and Chin just behind me. Upon entering Kent Ridge Park, Foo and I went ahead up the relatively long and steep slopes, and when we reached the top, we saw Ong and Kumaran. We ran along with them, without stopping, all the way down the other side of the slope into Pasir Panjang Road.

At the junction of Alexandra Rd/Labroador, Foo told me that he will be covering Telok Blangah Hill too since it was still early. We ran a quick pace, and I checked that we have covered about 50min of running till then. I decided to follow Foo. I dropped the pace a little, knowing I have to cover the steep slopes of Telok Blangah Hill. By the time I reached the top of TB Hill, I was drained, and was fortunate to find that small drinking fountain. Took abt 5 refreshing gulps of water, went on to cover 1 loop of the small knoll. Bumped into Foo again, who ran the reverse direction. I figured that the rest probably went straight back to the Clubhouse. Foo gestured for us to go straight back. When I ran down the slopes, I saw the remaining group of runners with Chairman just coming back from the run. It was good that all came back together, and I was satisfied to have covered an extra hill during that time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home