Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Oouch! Stomach Cramps

It was raining heavily 2 hours prior to our weekly SAFRA run. As usual the rain stopped nicely 30min before the run. Given the weather, there was quite a large turnout this evening. I did a quick qorkout at the gym, and then met up with the runners to catch up. We were discussing the recent NKF news, and many had their views and thoughts to share. Akira and Foo were early this evening, and Akira was already talking about planning a carbo-loading session prior to the upcoming Sheares Bridge Run/Army Half-Marathon.

We set off with the grounds still wet. First stop to Canterbury Estate, and I was running along the front pack of Ong, Kumaran, Foo, Chin, Akira. Once we entered the estate, the group got strewn farther apart, and soon I was leading the second group with the front group 200m ahead. About halfway through Canterbury Estate, I got a bout of stomach cramps. It was not those that needed me to go to the toilet, but more of one that caused me my stomach to go into contractions (like labour pains...haha). I had to slow down, took deep breaths, and then the pain subsided. However, it did not go away completely.

I carried the stomach pains out of Canterbury Estate, along Alexandra Road, and all the way into Labrador Park. Because I have slowed down a bit, Chin, Akira and Hock Soon managed to join me at the Entrance. We ran as a group into Labrador, and as we were approaching the toilets, I sped up and ran ahead. Dashed into the toilets, and was happy to see it fully stocked with toilet rolls. After a quick one, took some water, and I continued running 2 loops round Labrador Park to the end where the Tower was. On the way back, I hit the slopes at the tunnels, and adopted a more sedated pace. When I reached the ClubHouse, I was almost the last person. everyone had to wait for me to go dinner, very pai seh. But then again, such stomach occurences rarely happens. In retrospect, it could have been due to a piece of banana I had taken during lunch. Then again, it was good simulation and training, since it might happen in a race. At least I will be prepared when it comes....hahaha

Distance Ran:13km___Time:1hr16min___Pace:5:51min/km
Average HR:N/A____Max HR:N/A____KCal:950 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home