Thursday, July 07, 2005

2 By 2 Hills

This evening, I did a 2 x 2 hill run ie. 2 loops round Mt. Faber followed by 2 smaller loops around Telok Blangah Hill. This route is always a good hard run, if time is not on our side, but yet we need a reasonable workout.

For this workout, I decided to put a few new gear to test. First is my newly bought dri-fit underwear of a mid-range brand. I needed to see if it wore well, and if it flicks sweat away, so I won't end up with wet underwear that may cause chaffing sometimes. I also got to try out wearing my NB cap, since my hair is trending on th elong side already.

There was a large crowd this evening, sinca all had recovered from their weekend overseas runs. I was caught up in some traffic, and by the time I assembled with the group, they were ready to set off. I started off slowly, and chatted with Teen and Andre for a short while. We ran from the Telok Blangah side up to Mt. Faber, and on the ascent, I slowly moved up and very soon I was leading the way up the hill. I always pace myself, taking small steady steps when climbing hill, to ensure that I will reach the top without dying. Once up the top, I will take the opportunity to recover on the down-slope, and I really hate down-slopes. Recently I developed a pain in my heel, and I suspect it to be due to too much down-slope running with insufficient cushioning in my DS Trainer. I also tried out an cushion insole with my GT2090 this evening, to get the feel. Overall the results were very good. I had very little pain upon impact.

On the second loop of Mt. Faber, I was overtaken by Ong and Derrick. I carried on my own pace, and was following them from a distance. After 2 loops of Mt. Faber, we proceeded down along Morse Road, Henderson Road, and then up Telok Blangah Hill. After 2 hilly loops, running the long steep stretch up TB Hill is always a challenge. When I reached the top, I was always gasping for breath...one of the hardest workouts in my normal training runs. When I reached the top of TB Hill, I could see Chairman and the rest doing their second small loop. I ran behind them, and on my second small loop, I bumped in Colleen, Adam, Derrick. We waved, spoke a few words, and I was on my way back to ClubHouse. Again a big long down-slope, but this evening, I ran down it a lot slower. My archilles and heel probably don't like to be worked too hard.

Distance Ran:10km___Time:60min___Pace:6:00min/km
Average HR:N/A____Max HR:N/A____KCal:700

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home