Friday, July 01, 2005

A 10km Time Trial @ Home

My next run was supposed to be Sunday's Milk Run at 3pm. That would mean a rest of 3 days before that run. I decided to do a quick 10km time trial on my own, since I had some time to spare.

I did a quick change into my New Balance gear n cap, which I just got at the NB store. I wanted to try with a cap on, and also run-in the new gear a bit. I did the usual 10km loop, wearing my Asics DS Trainers, the same pair I will wear for the MILK run. The first 4km was speedy, and I was ahead of my usual timings. But when I hit the main Upper Serangoon Road, I was overwhelmed by the smog of the peak traffic, as well as the no of traffic light stops. I slowed a bit here, but picked up pace again when I hit the Braddel Road stretch.




I finished the 10km with energy to spare. The timing of about 47min wasn't that bad either. I had a good starfruit juice drink which my dear Beverly bought for me.

Distance Ran:10km___Time:46min55s___Pace:4:41min/km
Average HR:160bpm____Max HR:170bpm____KCal:700

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

super lousy. run 4 wat. so fat meh. don't geh geh lah. give your comments lah. to me. where? http://www.seapiggis.blogspot.com. remember 2 give your comments. also got contest you know? also we kidding about the front part. keep your running and don't die of dehydration.(kidding) ready, ha ha ha, ho ho ho, he he he, ha ha ha. bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home