Friday, July 22, 2005

3 Loops around Bedok Reservoir Park

As I will be missing my Sunday long run because of my Thailand trip, I wasnted to do some kind of a make-up run, and Thiam Huat and Teen have kindly agreed to bring me for a nice run at Tampines SAFRA.

We started early at 6.45pm. We ran up a flight of stairs across the ClubHouse, that led us to a former detention centre of sorts. From there we through the camp, and finally came out, cross over the canal a bit, and entered into Bedok Reservoir Park. I have been wanting to run this Park, but this was the first time I have made it here. cm explained to me that this was to be the key route for our upcoming 10km Public Service Run. He also gave me some tips on how to conquer the mainly hard-sandy 4.3km loop.

As cm and Teen have to get back earlier for a meeting, I decided to run ahead and run a bit longer since it was my makeup run. I planned to do 2 loops making an estimated total of abt 10km. I ran at my 10km pace for the 2 loops, and along the way, met many joggers and runners. After the 2 loops, i decided to try to bump into Teen, and I ran in reverse, hoping to bump into them. When I finished the 3rd loop without seeing them, I realized that they would have left by then. I went to the nearby toilet for a refreshing drink of water, before making my way back to the ClubHouse.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home