Friday, July 15, 2005

Long shiok run to Esplanade & Marina Promenade

The rains had stopped in time yet again. I was in good mood, and felt that I want to run a little longer this evening. Met up with the gang, and off we went at 7pm. As usual, the first part prior to reaching the Jiak Kim Street area was punctuated with many traffic stops. This is always the part that I use o get warmed up, and work out a perspiration.



Once we get to the Singapore River area, we spreaded out quickly. I moved ahead, and Dennis was running just behind me. I already told Dennis that I might go further than the Esplanade itself, and he was game to follow. We reached the Esplanade soon enough, and I proceeded onwards towards Marina Promenade. This stretch will add another 2.5km-3km one way, 5km-6km both ways to our run. Dennis was still keeping up. I told him we will run a slower pace, and maintain that. We had a midway toilet stop at Marina Promenade, and I informed Dennis we had run 51min. That was estimated to be about 9km at our pace. We made another toilet stop at Esplanade, and it was at this point that I lost my timing. I must have pressed the timing button twice again....shucks.

We still felt pretty good. On the way we met many young runners, and large gatherings of students in the night. It looked like they were preparing for National Day Celebrations. The run back was a tad slower, but we still maintained good pace. I could hear Dennis breathing a lot harder, but he was going well. On the return, we were pretty fortunate to get many green lights at the traffic junctions, making our run smoother. About 1km to the clubhouse, I opened up, and Dennis lagged a little. When I reached the clubhouse, all the people were back from their runs of varing distances liao. I joined them later for a good dinner at the hawker centre.

Distance Ran:18km___Time:1hr30min___Pace:5min/km
Average HR:155bpm____Max HR:168bpm____KCal:1300 est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home