Thursday, July 21, 2005

6 Fast Laps @ Labrador Park

Today was a dry day, compared with the past 2-3weeks of running days we had. In view of that, we were already anticipating speedwork from our very dear Chairman. By 6.45pm, a relatively small group of us were around, and off we did a slow run to Labrador Park as a warm up. I was running behind with Teen for a while, discussing our run at Tampines for friday. We had Jimmy Sim, Jaime, cm, Paul and a few others in front.

We reached Labrador Park leisurely. There were tentages set up at the Park, and we were wondering what event was going to be on. In recent times, Labroador Park has been gaining popularity as an area for sports and exercise, especially for the joggers and runners. It is also a nice park for gatherings and BBQ. cm assembled us for the first lap around the 800m loop. Hock Soon was tasked to be the 'rabbit' to set the lead pace for the rest of us. Upon the word 'go' the front group, led by hs sped off. The rest of us trailed behind, and soon I was overtaken by sock hwa and Paul. Another 50m, i overtook sh and Paul again, and ran all the way round the bend onto the straight, hitting the imaginary tape at 3min18s. Quite fast for a first lap, I thought. Next lap, again hs was the rabbit, and I did it in 3min25s. Ong, our trainer was the rabbit for the 3rd lap, and I did this in 3min33s.

I was then tasked to be the 'rabbit' for laps 4 and 5. We joked about the rest following my imaginary rabbit tail, and that I will not be too fast as a rabbit...everyone's mood was getting better after the grueling first 3 hard laps. I set the pace for lap 4, pretty steady, and Ong was running close all the way, until he ran ahead in the last 50m. I did this lap in 3m10s.m Wow, very fast. I did lap 5 in 3m33s. We were very tired by then, and when cm said 'one last lap', many of us pulled a very long face. Nonetheless, cm said Kumaran was to be the rabbit, and that perked up a few of us. Being very sporting, all went for the 6 lap, and Kumaran burst through that in record time. cm was pushing me all the way, and I did lap 6 in 3m30s. I did the 6 laps of 800m each at an average of 3min30s. cm said it was not too bad and quite consisitent for me. In summary:
Lap 1 : 3:18
Lap 2: 3:25
Lap 3: 3:33
Lap 4: 3:10
Lap 5: 3:33
Lap 6: 3:30

I took a refreshing drink at the toilet, before running up the slopes at Labrador back to clubhouse. Along the way, i caught up with hs and Jimmy, bith who were reduced to walking and slow jogging. I could feel that all gave their best, and were drained to the last ounce of whatever they had, just to make it back to clubhouse. Overall, a great workout, and definitely not for the faint-hearted.

Distance Ran:12km___Time:1hr____Pace:5min/km
Average HR: 1N/A____Max HR: N/A____KCal:1000 est

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home