Tuesday, August 02, 2005

14km new route

We did quite a different route this evening, and thanks to good planning by our trainer, we would be covering MF clubhouse - Henderson Rd - Tiong Bahru Park - Delta Canal - Tanglin Rd - Holland Rd - Farrer Rd - Margaret Rd - Delta Canal - Tiong Bahru Park - Henderson Rd - MF clubhouse. A few of the regular runners were absent, and trainer Ong planned and briefed us on the route. It was a 14km loop and I covered it in 1hr5min. It was mainly on road running, and it was a good workout for me nonetheless.

I took an early banana at about 4pm, and that caused me to have stomach cramps during the run. I was running fast to get back to the Club fast to visit the toilet. I also took the pain as a simulation of something that may happen during races, and I actually contained the pain quite well.

During the run, we also discussed our Sunday's planned run from SAFRA MF to Sentosa, joining in the NB Real Run trial, and then running back to Clubhouse for washup and makan. We also invited the other runners to join us for this Sunday run, as a change from the usual MacRitchie location.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home