Friday, January 06, 2006

2-3-4: Consecutive weekday runs

Did a couple of interesting evening runs this week, which did add up to quite a fair bit of mileage. I also have not been using my HRM for a while, since SCM05. As the SAFRA MF Marathon Training Program has already kicked in, there's a lot more hill runs, hill repeats and interval training on weekdays, and LSDs on weekends. This Sunday, I will be doing the 30km to/fro Marina South; after having sone a 25km hills run just last Sunday.

Did a 12km run on Tuesday evening with Beverly around the estate. I was running at a faster pace, and wifey was lagging for a distance after we crossed the midway point. It was considered a firm workout run for me, and I came back in 1hr3min. Beverly also came back in quite a fast timing.

On wednesday evening, I joined the SgRunners for an interesting run into Old Holland Road, Greenleaf Ave. A nice cool run, with the rain just having stopped. Spectre led the run, and DO, runalone, Tiwazz and myself ran along. There are some gentle slopes in the area, which make for good training. After the run, we joined a couple of other SgRunners like Bug, Balasing, astrogirl and run3 for a sumptious dinner and iced cold milo.

On Thursday evening, DO and Bug joined me for the weekly Thursday run with SAFRA MF. We ran for 14km with a good 1km up Mt. Faber through the steeper Kampung Bahru side. As we ran up the steep slopes, after having covered about 6km, it started to rain very heavily. We chugged up slowly, getting stronger as we moved on. It is always a good cardio workout up the slopes of Mt. Faber. At the top, the rain subsided, and we ran down and exited the Morse Road side before heading back towards ClubHouse along Telok Blangah Way. When we reached the ClubHouse, Do and I went on to do another loop of about 4km. After wash-up, we went for a sinful laksa dinner with cheng tng. The laksa was so delicious, I finished the last drop of gravy in the bowl....hmm, maybe I was really hungry.

Total mileage of abt 35km so far for the weekday runs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home