Monday, February 13, 2006

Valentine Week

Managed to sneak in a 10km run amidst the many dinners this week. Having dinner with my lovely wifey and kids, and so will miss the SAFRA 18km run on Valentine's day. So found some time this evening before my dinner, slipped on my DS Trainer, and did a 10km TT around my regular neighbourhood route. Before that, I did a 2km warm-up to loosen the muscles a little.

The pace was good, and the traffic wasn't that bad this evening. There was quite a fair amount of light through 7.15pm, and that allowed me to push a little faster. Went through most of the traffic junctions quite smoothly. Along the way, I was planning for the week's run, and most likely will join DO for the MK Climbathon training on Wed. I really need to do some stairs climbing to prepare the the Mar12 NTU Vertical Marathon. I finished the run feeling strong, clocking 47min15sec for the 10km. Its not the best timing I have done for the route, but close enough, and I felt so much better during this run that before. Maybe the warm up had a part to play.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home