Thursday, February 02, 2006

The 'Lou Hei' Run

shucks...just when I was about to save this entry, my computer hung up on me....so this will be a shorter version.....hmm

Did a 11km run at East Coast Parkway on Tuesday. The sun was out in its full glory. Beverly ran with me too, while the kiddos went on their bikes. Bev cut short her run as the sun was getting to her. I ran mostly on my own, soaking in the sights of that bustling place....and the lagoon is up now, being made into a cable-ski lagoon... a crowd was there watching skiers do their stuff. Ran all the way to the toilets after the Food Centre, and then back all the way to MacDonalds. The extra distance came from an earlier up and down towards Fort Road. A nice workout to burn off some excesses from the recent CNY carbo-load-and-load :).

This evening's plan was a short run of 10km up to Mt. Faber, before we go for a nice dinner to loh hei or 'toss the fish sald' to usher in a bright and prosperous new year for our runners and friends. DO, Divey and me met up earlier at 6.10pm for a 5km warm up run around Telok Bangah/ Harbourfront Loop. when we reached back to the ClubHouse at 6.45pm, we joined the main group of about 25 MF Runners for the 10km run. We started off quite fast, and soon the faster runners were bunched in front. I was running my own steady pace, and when I climbed up Mt. Bahru from Kampong Bahru side, I could feel the strain on my tired legs. I was gasping for deep breath as I reached the top, and it was nice recovery for me on the downslope to Morse Road from there. I was running slowly and carefully on the downslope, not wanting to cause any strain on my knees.

As I turned towards Kampong Bahru for the second time, Jimmy & DO overtook me, and I ran behind them at about 50m all the way back to Clubhouse. I clocked 51min for the 10km....reasonable...considering the upslope...a good workout for me definitely. I later found that BabyMon, Bug and Alan did 45min...they are fast, and surely will do well at the upcoming HK Marathon...all the best for Mf Runners who are running there.

After a quick cleanup, we went for our 6-course dinner with loh hei. The yusheng was good, and the fodd was not bad too...just a tad too much seasoning. Had a hearty meal and shared some good time with great company....looking forward to a good rest the next 2 days before this Sunday's LSD of 26km.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home