Sunday, January 15, 2006

A sunny Sunday LSD at last....

Woke up for this morning's LSD to fine weather. Sensing it to be a hot day, I put on my new white cap, and brought my fuel belt along. Took the usual morning cuppa, and a small piece of banana cake. I reached SAFRA MF at 7.15am, and soon a group assembled. We were supposed to do 32km today for the runners pe all reparing for HK marathon in Feb. DO, Divey and Bug were there. So was eileen from SAFRA TP, the good gal runner, as well as Huey Ling, the good runner cum swimmer. They are all new to SAFRA MF, and have been enjoying the long and hilly runs at MF.

We started off slowly at about 8am, and proceeded along Depot Rd, Queensway, crossing the railway tracks, and then onto Portsdown Road. The pace was nice, and soon the sun was beating upon our heads. I was glad to have the white cap, and it kept me cool. When we reached the end of Portsdown Rd, we waited slightly for the rest of the gals to come in before we proceeded along Dover Road. DO was running with me mostly. Bug, Ong, Kumaran, Derrick have all gone ahead. Freddy has very kindly decided to provide mobile H2O points on board his car. What a great support we have. Goola, Eng Hwa, Hway Ling, Wong, Chua, Sok Hwa were running close by with us. Jaime, Divey and Andre were just a distance behind.


The First 11km from SAFRA MF to end Ulu Pandan Canal



Next 15km from Buona Vista MRT back to SAFRA MF, adding 1 more loop

Once out onto Clementi Road, we turned into Ulu Pandan Canal. The sun was getting hot, as it beat down on us as we ran the canal. We bumped into Benson, a very fast SAFRA MF runner doing his ninja training. At the end of the canal, we were met with Freddy and his son who provided nice cool H2O....super...topped up the tank with the neccesary amount of water and salts. We ran on to Buona Vista MRT and refilled our fuel belts with water, and proceeded on to Alexandra Road and all the way to PSA Building. We had ran 15km by then, and was again happy to see Freddy providing drinks. He mentioned the front group had ran pretty far ahead. It was ok for me to maintain my pace. DO continued to pace me and Wong, and we ran along Harbourfront and onto Kampong Bahru. DO wanted to climb up Mt. Faber, and we split ways as I just wanted to run the remaining 3km back to Clubhouse, and then do another loop of 5km around Harbourfront.

After we split ways, I maintained a constant pace all the way to finish the remaining 8km feeling pretty strong. I walked for about 50m at the last 3km to take my final bit of water. I reached Clubhouse at about 11am, did stretches, and chatted with the new runners like Divey and Eileen. All mentioned they enjoyed the run and the pace, even though the weather was a little hot. For me, it was a good 26km run to condition me for the hot weather. It was a good break from the wet runs I had been doing for the past week.

Distance Ran:26km ___Time:2hr40min____Pace:6:09min/km
Average HR:156bpm___Max HR:173bpm__KCal:2,088KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home