Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Intervals & Monster

Its been some time since I joined SAFRA MF for one of the interval runs. Since this evening's interval run at Queenstown Stadium was the final one before KLIM06, I decided to do it. DO and Divey will also be trying their first interval run with SAFRA, as well as Baby Monster (Eileen) ...yes, u heard it right, this is one very fast shwe runner.

We started off the ClubHouse at 7pm for a slow 4km jog down to Queestown Stadium. Eileen was still nursing a knee injury, and I cautioned her not to push it if uncomfortable. DO and Divey were pretty excited about the interval runs as we approached Queentown Stadium (QSTS). One inside, Ong gave a quick brief; we will be running 4 loops of 2km, 1.6km, 800m and then 400m, averaging about 2min/400m for a good sustainable pace.

I did the first 5laps of 2km in 8:11min, finishing strong.
I did the 2nd loop of 4laps of 1.6km in 6:33min...it was in this loop that Eileen drafted me for a good 800m, before overtaking me at the final 300m for a fast finish....she is FAST. I was quite happy with my constant pace and time.
Did the 3rd loop of 800m in 3:05min....felt rather tired and exhauted.....glycogen about depleted after this loop
Did the final loop of 400m with a sprint... Eileen was ahead most of the way, until Chairman overtook her in the final 150m. I finished in 1:11min.

After a toilet break, we slow jogged back for another 4km to ClubHouse. Midway I realized I left my shoe pouch containing my car keys back at the Stadium. Fortunately I retrieved it back with the help of Jaime, who kindly drove me to Stadium....thanks Jaime. We had a mini birthday celebration for Kumaran. Alan Chao also came with the Nike sponsored running gear, and I received my m size....the gear looked good, and is the latest design... thanks to Alan for the hard work in getting this Nike sponsorship for 15 regular Running Club members.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home