Thursday, January 19, 2006

Swim-Run combo at Mt. Faber

Was early at Mt. Faber today, and so decided to jump into the pool and do a 10-lap breast-stroke before the scheduled 16km run. Put on my polar watch, and without any warm-up, just started to swim. I was real slow at first, taking it easy. Did 10laps, and decided to do another 10. In the end, finished the 20laps in 38min. Very slow by anyone's standards, but I'll just take that as a start to be used as a base as I begin to swim more this year. I hope to be able to improve in my swimming by the end of the year, and maybe I can then start doing some swim-run events in 2007. Lets see.

My legs felt tired after the swim. I changed into my running gear, and went to meet up with the rest of the mf runners. There were a number of us, and chatted with DO, Jerry and new gal, Karen for a bit. DO was wearing his new DS Trainer, and Chairman bought himself the Cumulus VII, just like mine. We started off prompt at 7pm. I ran slow enough to chat with Karen, and when we passed Tiong Bahru Park, we were joined by Alan Yeo and his Tiong Bahru Runners. I moved up to join DO, sok hwa, Chua. We ran a quicker pace into the Delta Canal, then along the main road turning into Ridley Park leading through old Tanglin Barracks, and then to Dempsey area all the way to Botanic Gardens. We were met by Bug at the entrace, and we ran together all the way to the second toilet inside BG. There we waited for the rest to come in.


Heart Rate Chart for the 15km run

Pre then brought us out of BG into some private estate, and then out along Farrer Road all the way to just before Commonwealth Rd, before we turned into Margaret Drive. From there, I ran with DO all the way back to the Delta Canal, and then up Henderson Rd and back to ClubHouse. We did about 15km, since DO and myself did not run the extra 1km around Tiong Bahru Park on the way back. It was a pretty hard run for me, especially after the tiring swim I had earlier. My legs felt used. I took it as conditioning for my legs, imagining that I had ran for a good distance before that. Hmm, I may consider do this swim-run combo once a fortnight, depending on the sort of run workout I have on the day.


Distance Swam:1km ___Time:38min____Pace:19min/km
Distance Ran:15km ___Time:1hr25min____Pace:5:38min/km
Average HR:157bpm___Max HR:178bpm__KCal:1,144KCal

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home