Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Recovering From Flu

Got this bad bout of flu since Sat morning. I actually pre-empted this and went to see the doctor last Friday to get some medicine. On Tuesday, I still had a pretty 'nasal' sounding (in the words of Divey) blocked nose, as I went for the 10km tapering run at MF. We did a relatively fast paced run, considering that I had to struggle up that MF slope from the Kampong Bahru side. Never felt so 'chuan' running this route, and I was just using my mouth to breathe since my nose was not clear. I almost gave up near to the top. Babymon overtook me on the way up, and she sure looked strong. I chugged along behind her for a while, before lagging. On the way down MF, and out from Morse Road, I could once again see BabyMon, Ong and Kumaran. DO was running near to me throughout. Completed the run in 49min, but really a hard workout for me.

Met up with the rest of the group for dinner, and shared stories on the latest Nike running shoes, as well as the new SCSM06 route for this year. Also discussed a bit about the Phuket Marathon which I have planned to go. I hope my nose clears by Thursday when we have our final tapering run before KLIM.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

2 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dreamie, take care ah. hope u recover in time to do ur best :)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger The DreamRunner said...

leggie,

thanks pal.

I am feeling much better today, though nose still a tad runny. I will do my best for the KL race, and most important of all, I plan to enjoy it cos "The Journey Is The Reward"

dream

 

Post a Comment

<< Home