Friday, February 02, 2007

A Long Weekday Nite Run

It was supposed to be a 16km recce run along a new route at SAFRA MF. We will be doing part of this new route for this Sunday’s Marathon LSD training of 38km. A large group of us had gathered, and while warming up, there was a gal from NIE asking for male volunteers to do some ‘tests’…I think she got quite a few people to sign up, haha.

The run was supposed to be an easy one, and trainer promised to wait for all at specific points of the new route, so all can follow. The route (MF Clubhouse -> Depot Rd -> Alexandra Rd -> Pasir Panjang -> South Buona Vista -> NUS (Lower Kent Ridge Rd -> Clementi Rd -> Kent Ridge Cres -> Lower Kent Ridge Rd) -> Science Park -> Kent Ridge Park -> Pasir Panjang -> Telok Blangah Way -> Henderson Rd -> MF Clubhouse) was interesting, and I think that’s part of the reason for the good turnout.

We ran along familiar parts of the NUS Hill Run Route, but we managed to skip Vigilante Drive and PGP. However, we had to contend with the series of slopes within NUS itself. I felt good during the run, and because I had so much to eat for lunch, it was a welcomed run for me to let off some excess . I felt pretty strong on the upslopes, and along the way, had good conversations with many of the runners. With the strong winds, the night was chilly at times. We had about 4-5 short stops and water breaks to wait for the whole group to catch up.

By the time I finished up along Henderson Road, it was 9pm. Wow…we ran for more than 2hrs. A few runners came back and confirmed the distance was at least 20km. All felt strong though, and Julie led us through a nice routine of stretches. Because the night was late, I had a quick dinner with the gang at ABC food court, before rushing home. This was surely one of the longest week night runs I’ve had at SAFRA MF, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope I will be well prepared for this Sunday’s 38km long, endurance run.

Distance: 20km__Time: 1hr50min__Pace: 5:30min/km

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home