Tuesday, August 30, 2005

18km run round canal route

I did a recovery 13km run with Beverly Monday evening. It was supposed to be about 10km, but because the pace was good (Beverly wanted to practise the recommended 65-75% MaxHR at the StanChart talk), she decided to do longer. Well, we did get a reasonable 6:30min/km pace...not too bad.

This evening, I joined the SAFRA Running Club to do a 18km long run. This is more or less the final few longer runs prior to the Army Half-Marathon on Sep11. Though I started my HRM, it was hard to track the overall timing. I just wanted to keep to a 5min/km pace, which I felt was achieved for the 18km. We started to run at 7pm, and I finally reached the ClubHouse at 8.45pm. I reckoned stops at traffic lights, toilet took about 10-15min. An earlier group led by Derrick, Foo, Akira with Alan joining in arrived about 5min prior. Another group of Jaime, Wong, Melvin took the 13km route and probably arrived quite early....since they were resting already when I arrived. Jimmy Tan ran with me for most of the way, and I thought we ran a reasonable pace, probably sufficient to make a sub-2hr 21km AHM...hmm, lets hope the weather holds out on that day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home