Thursday, September 08, 2005

An Easy 13km

This being the final run prior to AHM this Sunday, I did an easy 13km along with the SAFRA runners along Canterbury estates, and then to Labrador Park, climbing the short slope, and then looping twice the 800m park area.

Felt good but outer sole of my right foot a little tired (not sure if it is because of the NB shoes, since I never got this problem at all before). Incidentally, many of my friends and runners are nursing minor injuries and some have just recovered from flu... so the AHM will be taken carefully by quite a few of them. For me, my strategy will be to try to start slower, then maintain a 5min/km pace if possible, and hopefully I can spot someone around that pace to go along for as long as I can. I also plan to drink at all water stops, and will probably down 2 bananas with coffee for my carbo-enriched pre-race meal. Wish me luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home