Thursday, September 01, 2005

Night run to Botanic Gardens

hmmm....just another week to the AHM. I will be going down this Saturday to collect the race kit. This Sunday will be the Mizuno Wavw Run 10km. Hmmm, not much chance to do any more longer distance runs. So, this evening, wanted to do slightly longer.

Due to injuries and work, there were fewer of us gathered at SAFRA this evening. I started off with a quicker pace, and it was good to have Wong lead, since he was able to drive a quick pace. We were joined by Alan and 2 other Tiong Bahru runners as we past Tiong Bahru park. They sometimes join us if we happen to run through the park. We ran a quick pace along the canal near Zion Rd? and then along Ridley all the way to dempsey and then entered botanic gardens.

In botanic gardens, Wong ran a quick pace, and I followed....the distance was pretty long. When we finally emerged from Botanic Gardens, Wong mentioned that we ran too fast. I agreed, and said that we should just run slower to recover for the remaining 5km or so. We reached the ClubHouse at about 8.30pm, and then realized that some new runner was lost in Botanic Gardens, after having broken off from the second group.

Overall, a good run for me, since I make it a point to enjoy and see the positive aspects of all runs I put in. I don't really believe there's such a thing as garbage miles, or wasted efforts. As long as I get to run and workout, I feel that it was worth my time and energy.

Distance Ran:15km ___Time:1hr21min____Pace:5:25min/km
Average HR:N/A___Max HR:N/A___KCal:1100KCal est.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home