Thursday, September 15, 2005

The Hills @ Kent Ridge Park

The skies looked dim this evening. Fortunately the rains did not come, and we had a good workout done. There were about 20 of us gathered at SAFRA MF, and we were joined by Melvin, Alan and Bernard. The plan was to do some hills at Kent Ridge Park, a very nice and scenic spot by day and even in the evening.


We started off at 6.45pm sharp. I was running at about 6min/km for the first 4km, and chattinga bit with Alan and Bernard. When we reached Queensway area, the front group broke away, and we made our way towards Portsdown Road on our own. When we reached the flyover coming out of Portsdown Rd, I increased pace a little to 5.30min/km to match my marathon goal pace. As I went up the slopes of Kent Ridge Park, I saw the first group of Ong, Alan, Derrick and Kumaran finishing their first loop. I went ahead to join them, and did 2 rounds along the slopes. We then gathered at the top for a short while, before making our way back the 6km distance to ClubHouse. The last stretch had me increase pace to about 5min/km to provide a much needed boost to my workout.

We had a great carbo-load session at the courtesy of chairman who kindly had his wife cook up a sumptious meal of curry-chicken, prawn roll, pepper pork, fried noodles, topped up with moon-cake agar-agar.

Distance Ran:13km ___Time:1hr07min____Pace:5:10min/km
Average HR:151bpm___Max HR:177bpm___KCal:843K

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home