Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Next Milestone: The Singapore Marathon

After a well deserved rest from the AHM on Sunday, I will be gearing up preparations for the StanChart Singapore Marathon 2005 in Dec. I went down Regent Hotel to sign-up for the Terry Fox Run this Sunday...it is done, have contributed to the worthy cause of cancer research. I will also be running the 8km at Sentosa. Got a nice cotton T-Shirt, with a nice design. Also was given a nice white wrist-band, some posters as well as bookmarks.


The Terry Fox Run 2005 T-Shirt

After a coffee session with another ang moh (non-runner haha), I went down to SAFRA Running Club at Mt. Faber for the scheduled speed-work at Telok Blangah Hill. I was glad to be joined by SgRunner JustDoIt (Bernard) who came to join us for the first time. He did enjoy the whole training afterwards, and I hope to see him again for Thursday's training. We had a big group this evening of about 20 odd, and we went up Telok Blangah to do 6 sets of 1000m round the small hill-top area. It is quite a special interval training, since it is done on slopes and not on the flat stadium tracks. We divided into 2 groups with the first going at about 5.15min/km pace for the 6 sets. The second group of which I was in, wouldl do an average 4.15-4.30min/km pace.


Split Times of 6 x 1000m intervals

As we had just finished the AHM race, and some like Derrick and Lai Chee who just came back from their Putra Jaya 21km conquest, we were not to push to limits, but instead attempt to match pace. I did the 6 rounds in the following split timings, with about 3min rest per lap.

Lap 1: 4:10min
Lap 2: 4:13min
Lap 3: 4:25min
Lap 4: 4:19min
Lap 5: 4:21min
Lap 6: 4:11min

Very even pace. Finished at about 8.30pm and proceeded to ClubHouse for a cool down. There after went for my wanton noodle dinner with nice cooling cheng tng. A very good start to the training week. My legs are still itching due to the lack of distance, and I shall go for a slow run with Beverly tomorrow evening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

1 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anthony,

Had a great time running with you guys yesterday.
Anyway here's my email bernard_lee88@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home