Friday, March 03, 2006

A Final Tapering Run...The Train Ride

Last evening was the final training run ahead of the KL International Marathon this Sunday, Mar 5. I had a easy, tapering run of 9km mainly to keep the engine warm. I was still recovering from flu, but the run was nice and my breathing was ok. I ran mostly with Divey, who was still injured, and was doing a slow and steady run too. It was one of those lesser occasions where I get to slack a bit, and I really enjoyed the pace... fortunately, there was no one to hurry me this time...hehe. We did abt 60min of run covering about 9.3km (taken from Divey's footpod - another good reason to run with people who have footpods...haha).

My bags are packed, and this evening, I will be taking the overnight train from Singapore to KL with about 10+ SgRunners. This will be my first experience on a train ride from Singapore, and I think it should be fun travelling with my seow runner friends...don't *kok* me hor... We should arrive in KL at 6am tomorrow morning where we will proceed to the hotel, go for breakfast, and then to the race expo to collect our race packs and bibs... hmm, saw that this year's race T-Shirt is really horrid...haiz... Will also look forward to meeting friends from many other running fraternities like the SAFRA Running Club, MR25, PaceSetters, SgRunners and smaller groups of friends travelling there for the race. This will be my first marathon in KL, and I look forward to doing a good run. Though I secretly aim for a sub-4hr marathon, I am not too sure if I can even get close to it with my bout of flu... but then again, that shall not stop me from doing my best. I shall try. So, KLIM06, here I come!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home