Sunday, April 29, 2007

Rainy Sunday Morning

It started to rain from 3am+. When I awoke at 6.30am, it was still raining. I decided to go down to MF anyway, and there were just 9 of us. When the rain slowed to a trickle, we set off for our eagerly awaited long run.

I took it real easy this morning, running and chatting with Michael, Phei Sunn. Ong, Jimmy and Trevor had run ahead. Michael was enjoying the run in the light drizzle, and I was pretty happy with the pace too. Inside Marina South, I moved slightly ahead to show the way, and as I neared the Marina South Pier, the rest were on the return. We took a water break at the Pier, and continued back. Mike and I ran together once more, all the way along Keppel Road and we only broke off near Kampong Bahru.

I proceeded towards Morse Road, and went real easy on the upslopes. When I reached the top, I went for a water stop, and decided not to run another loop. I went on to finish off towards Harbourfront and then Telok Blangah Rise. My legs felt tired, more like I ran for a long distance. It was a good workout nevetherless, and I was glad I started off despite the light rain. Michael told me about a good Nike sale, and I went with the family for some Ramen and Korean delicaies, and shopping at the Nike and Fila outlets in Marina Square....was quite fruitful there :)

Distance: 26km__Time: 2hr40min__Pace: 6:06min/km

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home