Wednesday, December 13, 2006

SAFRA Mt. Faber

Its coming to 2 years since I joined the SAFRA MF Running Club. How time flies...I just finished my second 10km at the SCSM04 when I walked into the newly opened SAFRA MF then. The group was pretty small, and all knew one another very well. From a newbie, I have progressed to run 21km, and then 42km...and have learnt lots of running routes from my running friends at SAFRA.

This evening I was down at SAFRA MF for the start of marathon training for HK Marathon 2007. There was a very large group, and many new faces too. All were pretty excited about trying on the Saucony running top which will be given to SAFRA MF Running members for the good performance we had as a club at SCSM06. The Core Running Team comprising Kumaran, Teck Hou, Ricci, Melvin and Lai Chee was announced....well done to their superb timings at the AHM and SCSM in 2006. The Club has grown from strength to strength, and there are just so many new runners I have yet to get acquainted with. Fennel and Cokiee joined us this evening, and were warmly welcomed by the Club members and MF terrain :)

We did a 10km run for the evening, proceeding along Depot Road, and along Alexandra Road, then into Labrador Park, climbing the slope up to the Olive Restaurant, then doing 2 laps around the Park, before proceeding out, up along the slope again, and all the way back to ClubHouse along Henderson Road. My left hamstring has gotten tight these few weeks, and it always gave me a slight numbing pain during runs. I have to start doing stretching and may make appointment for a good deep-tissue massage to relieve the tight-ness caused by all the running (runners will develop tight muscles as they progress along with increased mileage over the years). Completed the run in about 48min, not before working out pretty hard along that stretch of Henderson Road. Because the Henderson food market is still undergoing renovation, we had our usual dinner get-together at the Brickworks market again....hmm, I really miss my 'Red rice-wine chicken mee sua'....hahaha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home