Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I-Run @ International Business Park

I wasn't feeling well....down with a sore throat and a bit of a cold. Was feeling drowsy the whole day, and decided to invite DO to join me for the I-Run @ IBP. With my condition, I planned to do the shorter 5km (7.5km in actual distance) route, leaving Kenneth, Maverick and DO to do the 10km run. The weather was quite cool, but still I put on a cap just in case the sun came down hard on me.

It was a smooth run with one of the Creative seniors, discussing about Mt. Kinabalu Climbathon and Sundown Ultra-Marathon. Soon we hit the mid-way point, and DO went along with him. I stayed at the U-turn point to wave and cheer the rest on. Met a 55-yo guy on blades, and he told me he used to be a 3:20 marathoner. He was attracted to my Sundown 84km finisher T, and asked me about the race. He has since taken up inline skating marathons....wow...I might want to do that someday.

It was a day of jogging and chatting for me. On the return, I was with Eric, another new runner who was into triathlons. Eric has bad knees and he is hoping than Dr. Ben Tan can give him some good advise so he can resume longer distance runs. Back at the Atrium, the drinks once again ran out....hmm, either the number of I-Runners has increased, or the drinks delivered were less than usual. All had a good run nevertheless, and we ended the evening with more chats about Malaysian and overseas races.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home